Sri Narayani School and College of Nursing
With the divine blessings of our beloved Sri Sakthi Amma, Sri Narayani College of Nursing has been established in 2006. It has been approved by the statutory bodies like
- Indian Nursing Council
- The Government of Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council
- It is also affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- Sri Narayani College of Nursing is located in Sripuram, Vellore District, TamilNadu.
- SNCON has an aim to provide high quality education in the field of Nursing and provide the excellent training and advanced skill to the Nursing students.
- SNCON aims to produce well qualified professional nurses to serve the humanity World Wide.
SNCON has got excellent infrastructure such as
- Spacious 2 floor building provides conducive teaching learning environment for the nursing student.
- Well equipped labs for
- Nursing Foundation
- Pediatric Nursing /Child Health Nursing
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Well ventilated, fully furnished lecture Halls with smart board facility
- Fully furnished counseling room
- Well furnished 600 seated Auditorium with AC
- Hygienic and adequate rest room with water facility in each floor
- Fully furnished departmentalized faculty rooms
- Fully furnished Office room
- In addition our college has good examination hall, seminar hall and Multipurpose Hall.
- Good Hostel facility with basic amenities
- Play ground for Indoor and Outdoor games
The library of the SNCON is well organized with an adequate and good collections of books. It has a well furnished reading hall and provided with more than 5000 books, 15 Indian Journals, 5 international Journals, 6 Magazines and 4 Newspapers. The library is open from 8.00am – 8.00pm in all working days. There are computers with facility to access e-consortium digital library.
Curricular and Extra Curricular Activities
- SNCON has highly experienced capable and motivational faculty to impart high Quality education to the Nursing students by using variety of teaching and learning techniques.
- Excellent clinical Training is provided to the students from Sri Narayani Hospital and Research Centre, Sri Sakthi Amma hospital, community rural and urban areas, PHC and SC, Maternity centers etc.,
- Students are gaining overall development through observation of the following events
- Observation of all Health days
- All religious festivals
- Lamp Lighting programme
- Graduation day
- Annual day
- Conference, Workshop, Seminars
- In-service education programmes
- Inter & Intra collegiate competitions
- Yoga class
- CCC & YRC
- Sports day
SNCON has 100% job placement for the SNCON nursing students.